Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Travellers’ Blog Entry No. 1

6 days left.
The Los Angeles Free Press gets back-up. Two interns dare to do a big step over the Atlantic Ocean, across the whole country to the West Coast, to California, to Palm Desert. Two young Europeans from Germany do America! We will support the staff of the LAFP for three months. It's an internship, which is far from ordinary.
With the big help from Steven Finger, we can start our great time in the USA in 6 days. We will do a roadtrip along the West Coast, visit concerts and go to conventions, speak to interesting people of the music and politic business. Besides bigger cities like L.A., Las Vegas and San Francisco we will also see smaller towns with an interesting background (Eureka...).
But it's time to introduce ourselves. We are two journalism students from Germany. We live in a middle-sized city, two hours from Cologne, in Bielefeld. On the one hand there is Isabel: I am 20 years old, a little messy, interested in everything that has to do with exciting news - some people call me curious. I like travelling and I like to write. To inform people. To find truth. That's why I think I found my pleasure in journalism. And to me the best experience some one can have is the broadening of someone's horizont - I'll do that in the following months.
On the other hand there is Georg: I am 21 years old. My greatest passion? Music. I love playing guitar, I love listening to music, I love discovering old bands and new musicians. I am a well-organized person, spontanious and, definitely, a night person. Journalism will be my field of activity - now and for the next years - because to me there's no better way to be creative than writing a good article that catches people, that interestes people and that is awakening. I am looking forward to the next months, because the last two times I had been in America the wish develops to be more than a tourist. I always wanted to see much more than the Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles. I wanted to be a part of a foreign culture, and now I get the chance.

No comments: